We are committed to providing you with a wonderful customer experience. We know how important your information is to you, and we want you to know that you can trust us to protect it.
2. INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND USE
Throughout our relationship with you, we may collect and use your information to allow us to provide you with our products and services. When we do so, we will let you know exactly what information we are collecting, why, and what basis under the law, apart from consent, we rely on.
Basic Identifiers and Contact Information
Your full name, date of birth, address, landline, mobile number, e-mail address, proof of identification (including government-issued IDs), and proof of financial capacity are used for the following purposes:
- To validate your identity when you use our products and services;
- To provide customer care and support;
- To send you advisories, personalized advertisements, financial service offers, gifts, and freebies from Globe and our affiliates and partners; and
- To enroll you in our Globe Rewards program.
We collect this information through our physical and digital application forms when you avail of our products and services.
Device Location Information
When you use our products and services on your devices, we obtain your device location information to establish a connection between your device and the wireless network. This information is necessary to provide you with the best cellular and data service connection in order to fulfill our obligation to you. We also use your location information to provide you with emergency services.
Service Usage and Performance Information
When you use our products and services, we collect and process information such as your subscribed products and services, call and SMS data records, rate of use, IP address, network performance experience, and diagnostics including signal strength, dropped calls, data failures, and other network performance issues. These are used for the following purposes:
- To provide you with your subscribed products and services, including customer support;
- To help us improve our network and the quality of our products and services;
- To create and offer new products, services, and value-added services based on your behavior and preferences;
- To determine whether you've reached or exceeded the limits of your chosen plan or service;
- To generate data needed to enhance your customer experience and personalize content to meet your preferences and needs;
- To manage your account and billing, maintain network quality and security, provide after-sales care and support; and
- To compute your telco score and find out what commercial and promotional alerts, personalized advertisements, financial service offers, and surveys we can share with you.
We collect cookies, web beacons, small data text files, or similar technologies primarily to ensure that the core functions of our website and apps are optimally accessible to you. However, depending on your preferences, we may also collect and use this information for behavioral analytics to personalize our marketing campaigns.
3. PROFILING AND AUTOMATED DECISION-MAKING
We process your service usage and performance information to create customer profiles that reflect insights on your preferences and usage activity. We use automated processes to produce these insights to choose the relevant products and services we offer to you and to maintain, regulate, and improve your network quality and access.
4. INFORMATION WE SHARE
It is our policy to never share your information with any third-party unless we obtain your consent or are otherwise required or allowed by law to do so. In any case, we will let you know exactly what we are sharing, why, and what basis under the law, apart from consent, we rely on, before we do so.
5. HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We secure and protect your information with appropriate safeguards to ensure confidentiality and privacy, prevent loss, theft, use for unauthorized purposes, and comply with the requirements of the law.
To detect and mitigate evolving threats to information security and data privacy, we have implemented appropriate organizational, physical, and technical controls to protect your information including:
- A state-of-the-art Security Operations Center complete with a dedicated team that manages, monitors, and protects our network and systems from potential risks to your information under fully documented security incident management procedures;
- Regular review of our collection, storage, and processing practices including physical and electronic security measures to guard against unauthorized access to our network and systems;
- Contractually-mandated confidentiality among our authorized employees, contractors, and other third-parties who may have access to your information;
- Third-party risk assessment as well as minimum-security features against data leakage, unauthorized access or disclosure, and accountability; and
- Access management across Globe employees, contractors, and other parties under a “need-to-know” standard.
6. HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION
We only keep your information while you are a customer unless it is necessary to keep such information longer to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected or for legitimate business or legal purposes like security, fraud prevention, or financial record-keeping. Our retention schedule is available upon request.
We have established procedures to securely dispose of files that contain your information whether in digital or physical form.
7. YOUR RIGHTS AS A DATA SUBJECT
We recognize your rights under the Data Privacy Act of 2012.
Right to Be Informed
You have the right to be informed of how and why we collect and process your personal data, including where we collected it, with whom we share it and why, how we protect it, how long we keep it, and how we dispose of it, and any changes to our data processing activities before they are implemented.
Right to Object
You have the right to object to the processing and/or sharing of your personal data especially when you feel that we do not have lawful grounds to do so. However, this may result in the termination of your Globe product or service when such data is necessary for its delivery.
Right to Withdraw Consent
When our collection and processing of your personal data depends on the consent that you provided to us, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time subject to Globe’s internal procedures. This, however, does not apply to instances where we rely on grounds provided by law, other than consent. Nevertheless, you always have the right to object.
Right to Access
You have the right to request reasonable access to your personal data subject to Globe’s internal procedures. We, however, reserve the right to seek reasonable fees when providing such data presents certain challenges due to its volume as well as to restrict access to linked data that may be confidential, proprietary, or belong to other individuals.
Right to Data Portability
You have the right to obtain a copy of your personal data or have it transmitted to other entities in a format that is portable and commonly accessible subject to Globe’s internal procedures.
Right to Rectify
We keep our records as accurate as possible. Where there are any errors or inaccuracies to your personal data, we give you ways to dispute and rectify or update it, subject to Globe’s internal procedures.
Right to Erasure or Blocking
You have the right to suspend, withdraw, or order the blocking, removal, or destruction of inaccurate, incomplete, outdated, false, or unlawfully obtained personal data, or personal data not necessary for the purpose for which it was collected, and for such other cases provided in the Data Privacy Act of 2012.
Right to Damages
You have the right to be indemnified for damages sustained, if any, due to inaccurate, incomplete, outdated, false, unlawfully obtained, or unauthorized use of your personal data.
8. HOW TO REACH US
Should you wish to exercise any of your data subject rights or have any questions or concerns regarding our privacy practices, you may contact our Data Protection Officer:
Data Protection Officer
Globe Telecom, Inc.
The Globe Tower
32nd Street corner 7th Avenue,
Bonifacio Global City, 1634 Taguig City,
Metro Manila, Philippines
Email: [email protected]
9. THE ONE GLOBE COMMITMENT
Globe respects the right of its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively, the “One Globe Group”) to implement their respective privacy policies and practices. However, the One Globe Group is one in its commitment to uphold the following GSMA (Group Special Mobile Association) Privacy Principles:
Openness, Transparency, and Notice
We are open and honest with you and will ensure that you are provided with clear, prominent, and timely information regarding our data privacy practices. We will inform you about the collection, access, sharing, and further use of your information.
Purpose and Use
We will limit the access, collection, sharing, disclosure, and further use of your information to meet legitimate and/or legal purposes.
User Choice and Control
We will give you opportunities to exercise meaningful choice and control over your information.
Data Minimization and Retention
We will collect, access, and use only the minimum information necessary to meet legitimate business purposes and to deliver, provision, maintain, or develop products and services. Information will be kept for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected or for legitimate business or legal purposes.
Respect User Rights
You will be provided with information about and an easy means to exercise your rights over the use of your information.
Your information will be protected using reasonable safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the data.
You will be provided with information about privacy and security issues and ways to manage and protect your privacy.
We will ensure that the collection, access, and use of children’s information is appropriate in all given circumstances and compatible with applicable law.
Accountability and Enforcement
All responsible persons and/or entities will be accountable for ensuring that these privacy principles are met.